Sorry for my absence. This past week kind of knocked me on my butt, and I got to spend some serious time doing self care- and not doing much else.
But I’m back! And tonight, we’re looking at 10 qualities Superheroes should cultivate within themselves! So let’s get started, shall we?
- Courage. We’ve talked about courage already– I think it’s an obvious one for us. Living without fear is hard, but we can do it. Do things that scare you and prove to yourself how unstoppable you are!
- Compassion. The ability to care about other people is so important. Especially people who are hard to care for.
- Forgiveness. People are going to hurt you. I wish I could say that that wasn’t going to be the case, but people are going to do it. It sucks. It hurts. It isn’t fair. But you’ll forgive them anyway. Not everybody, not every time. But you have to learn to forgive, or it will eat you alive. And then you can’t help anybody! Forgiveness is hard, but you can do it. This does, of course, include forgiving yourself. You’re going to screw up. You’re going to hurt others. Be gentle with yourself.
- . Learn to listen. Listening to people is a very important skill. Without listening properly, it will not be possible for any of us to move forward. Listen to what people are saying, and what they aren’t saying. Both of them are important abilities.
- Communicate. By the same token, you have to learn how to tell people what you need and what you are feeling. This is so so hard for me. I’m a strong person. I’m very capable. It’s hard for me to tell people I need help, that I’m not being served. Conflict is terrifying. But dealing with it is worth it. I’ve had that shown to me, over and over again. Face your fears on the subject and talk to people who need you to talk to them. You’ll get better at it with time.
- Passion. Find something you are wildly passionate about. I don’t care what it is. It could be saving the whales, or it could be nail art. Find something you love without reservation. Find something you care about so much that you feel like you can just get out of your own way and do it. Get good at it. Get involved with it. Do the things that make you feel full and satisfied.
- Determination. If something is worth doing, it’s worth getting knocked over and trying again. Sometimes you’ll get knocked off course. Get up and get back to it.
- Loyalty. When you find your people, stick to them. I’m not saying stay in bad relationships of any kind. I’m saying that when you find the people who love and support you every time, you do the same for them. Don’t be the person who isn’t there to catch someone else. It’s a nasty feeling.
- Honesty. Speak the truth to people. Speak it in love. Speak it with kindness. But speak it. Find the courage to tell people you love that you don’t agree with them. Find the strength to break off bad relationships. Stand tall and proud on your truth mountain and live your life.
- Love. Love fiercely. Love deeply. Love as many people and things as you can. See the beauty in as many things and people as possible. And then try for more. Love always. The rest will come together.