You made it! Another week is over. Today, we’re looking at some ways to kick back and relax… even if it is pouring rain and ruining all your outdoor Summer plans!
- Movie marathon: pick a theme, or a series, grab your favorite snacks and settle in. Bonus points for food delivery and comfy pants
- Read a book, just for fun. I’m working on some book reviews, but until then, maybe find a person you are interested in, or a movie you like based on a book, if you aren’t a big reader. Make sure to check the library!
- Look at museums in your area. A lot of towns and cities have a surprising numbers of art galleries and historical museums. Delve into some local history or art!
- Make a tour of restaurants and breweries. If you’ve got an active local scene, take advantage! You’ll never know what you come across that you love!
- Host a board game or puzzle party- everyone brings something edible to share, and settle in for some competitive fun.
- Home spa day: make a sugar scrub, give your feet some love, and soak in the tub- just make it an all around luxurious experience!
- Deep clean or organize your space: ok, so this isn’t the most fun thing to everyone, but it sure is satisfying! Choose one space and dive right in.
- Host a home craft and wine night: have friends bring a project they’re working on over and enjoy your favorite beverage while you finish up some crafting projects.
- Go window shopping. Give yourself a budget and go to a store that you don’t normally shop in. Pick out all the things you would buy if you had the money. I prefer to do this at home decor stores and pretend I’m decorating my dream house.
- Try a new recipe. If you have a recipe you’ve been eyeing that looked complicated, maybe it’s time to whip that puppy out and give it a spin. Or maybe it’s time to try a full scale, complicated meal? Rainy days are perfect for that.
Superhero action of the day: Did I miss a rainy day favorite of yours? Let me know by leaving a comment!