I’m on a swing of working out again. Does anyone else do this? I can be a little bit obsessive and extremist, so maybe it’s just me, but although I try to workout consistently all the time, I go through periods where I’m super committed to it, and periods where I am just completely uninterested.
Right now, we’re on the upswing, which is great. I firmly believe I’m my best self when I’m working out regularly, so it’s nice when I feel motivated to do so.
In that spirit, I present to you, my superheroes, A List of Non Food Rewards.
It’s hard, I know! When we do something difficult, we feel like we should be rewarded for that! Sometimes, it’s worth it to treat yo self. But there are better ways, most of the time, than to put food in our bodies that is counter productive to our superhero status (Ninja Turtles notwithstanding!)
Ready? Here we go.
- New nail polish
- Mani Pedi
- New book
- Episode of a TV show or a movie
- Reward Jar (put a set amount of money, like $1 in a jar every time you workout)
- New workout clothes
- New purse
- New workout music
- Earn your Netflix/Hulu, etc. Set an amount of workouts for a month and cancel your subscription for the next month if you don’t make your goal
- A trip to the library
- an all out, guilt free Pinterest binge
- time with your favorite video game
- Take a Nap
- Try a new fitness class
- invest in a fitness accessory like a smart watch or wireless headphones
- Get a massage
- Take a morning off to do something you enjoy but don’t have time for (this might be hiking for me)
- Buy yourself flowers or a new houseplant
- Get the most recent issue of your favorite magazine
- Take a class in something you’re interested in (for me this would be some patterning and sewing stuff, but maybe it’s cooking, photography or math. You do you)
- Take a day trip and enjoy it!
- Watch a favorite sport- in person
- Register for a race or competition
- A healthy food kitchen gadget
- New Tupperware or lunch box
- The beginnings of a new hobby- sketchbook, camera, tennis racket, etc.
- New coloring book and markers or pencils
- new Journal or planner
- new mug or travel mug
- new water bottle
- new outfit
- Hair cut or color
- new Jewelry piece- you decide how fancy and expensive!
- Get your friends together for a night out
- Take a weekend away
- new candle or diffuser
- Plan your dream vacation
- …and take it
- Get a tattoo or a piercing
- a new piece of art for your home
- piece of exercise equipment
- a tool or tool set (drill, dremel, etc)
- new app
- your favorite spa treatment
- Use a sticker chart! This sounds silly, but I’ve done it, it WORKS
- Buy a lottery ticket
- Buy expensive socks. They’re ridiculous but worth it.
- Have pictures taken
- Try out personal training
- Get your car professionally detailed
Whew! There we are, 50 ideas to treat yo self… without eating your weight in donuts.
Superhero Action of The Day: What are your favorite ways to reward yourself?