Oh, my superheroes. Yesterday was leg and booty day at the gym.
I tried a new workout.
And today, I might be dead. Seriously, my glutes and my quads huuuuuuuuuurt.
We’ve all been there, right? Whether it’s workout recovery, aftermath from a hard day of moving or something else, we’ve all had sore muscles. So today we’re looking at some ways to combat muscle soreness! Ready/? Here we go!
- Foam Rolling. If you haven’t tried a foam roller, you definitely should. It hurts like crazy, I won’t lie to you. It’s part of my workout tonight, and I can’t really say I’m looking forward to it. But it helps a LOT. It works by breaking up lactic acid pockets in your muscles. I think. Science was never my strong suit. Anyway, foam rolling. Check it out.
- Take a bath. Warm baths are better, although you might see ice baths in the movies. Add some epsom salts for extra soothing power!
- MOVE. Take a walk. Integrate some low impact cardio. Do some stretching. I know it will hurt. But you’ll feel better after! I promise!
- Make sure you’re hydrated! Drink plenty of water, your muscles will thank you for it!
- Drink some caffeine. I know it seems counter intuitive, but caffeine helps your muscles recover!
So there you have it, friends! Some ways to fight soreness for my superheroes!
Superhero Action of the Day: What are your favorite ways to get rid of soreness. Let me know!