Some business first: if you haven’t entered the giveaway, you should go do that. Right now. I’ll wait!
Why are you still reading this? Go now!
Ok, cool, you’re back!
So, as we all know, I was vastly underemployed this summer, and I didn’t handle it very well. I seem to be doing much better now!
Anyway, this Summer, I found myself spending hours sitting around on my couch, playing around on my phone. Facebook, Two Dots (my game of choice), Instagram… you name it, I was wasting time on it this summer.
So today, I am making a list of things to do instead of staring at your phone screen! Let’s get right to it:
- Activity Books. Whether it’s coloring books for adults, word searches, crosswords or sudoku puzzles, there are tons of ways to keep your mind and hands busy! Personally, I’m a fan of those super cheap crossword magazines, and of course, an erasable pen!
- embroidery, painting or another artistic hobby. A lot of people like to knit or crochet. I like to do some hand embroidery- it’s portable, I can watch tv or do other things while I’m doing it, and at the end of it, I have something to display or give away!
- Deep clean or sort something. Maybe it’s the junk drawer in your kitchen. Maybe it’s your bedroom closet. Wherever it is in your home, I bet there are places that you know could use some organizing. Dig in and get them cleaned out! You’ll feel better once it’s done!
- Dust. I don’t know about you, but dusting is the chore that usually gets skipped at my house. But if you find you are bored, dusting is a great way to get you moving and get some (in my case) much needed housework done! Bonus points if you turn on some music and have a dance party!
- Write a letter. Handwrite a letter or a card to a friend. My bff and I have an ongoing (although not constant) stream of written communication, and getting something in the mail from her ALWAYS makes my day. Better yet, write that letter to your grandparents.
- Do a jigsaw puzzle or learn a form of solitaire. I don’t have a lot of room for puzzles (although I really enjoy them), but I spent the majority of my down time one weekend this summer playing solitaire and was amazed at how well it kept me busy!
- Learn more about something you are passionate about. The library and the internet are such amazing wealths of information! Make good use of them and learn about something you love or maybe just something you’re curious about! Become an expert- just for fun!
- Decorate your dream house. Sometimes I get on amazon and etsy and just make lists of all the pretty things I would buy if I had the money!
- Read a book. Again, you can learn anything you want to this way. MY personal favorites are sci-fi/fantasy and mysteries, but I try to read one book that’s good for me while I’m getting those stories in!
- Get up and get out of your house and go exploring. Find a new park, eat at a new restaurant, drive down a new road. Change your surroundings just enough to make you look around and appreciate them.
And there you have it! Ten things to do when you’re bored. Get off your couch and be amazing.
Superhero action of the day: Tell me your boredom busters! Comment here or over on the Superhero Living Facebook Page.