Can you BELIEVE it’s September already? Seems like just yesterday it was February (sorry… bad inactivity joke)
In any case, it’s a great time of year for new beginnings! If you’re a student, you’re fresh back to school. If you’re out of school, you might be wrangling tiny humans and getting them into a classroom. But even if you aren’t at all connected with the school schedule during this chapter, it’s still a great time to assess where you are and what you need moving forward.
I’ve had a lot of time to come up with ten new products, but these are all things I’m using currently that I love.
Once again… no money involved here, just my honest opinions!
- Instant Pot– I bought this for myself on Amazon Prime Day, and although I’m still learning the mysteries of the Instant Pot, I am obsessed already. It’s so easy. The food is so good! It’s so quick! Expect to see more about it soon!!
- Goal Digger podcast– I won’t lie, finding this podcast is a big part of my new found motivation! I listen to Jenna every morning, and if nothing else, she makes me believe these dreams of mine are possible. If you have any dreams of having a side hustle or owning your own business, you should be listening to this!
- Panera Souffles I KNOW these are not necessarily a healthy breakfast option, but oh my gosh are they delicious!! If you’re looking for something a little different for breakfast, you have to try one.
- OPI Iceland collection I picked up a bottle of “Icelanded a bottle of OPI” recently at TJ Maxx, and I’m loving the color. It’s super neutral, which isn’t my go to, but I’m feeling it right now! It’s kind of a purple-y greige, and it makes me feel very polished and put together.
- Dia Box I started getting a Dia Style Box this Summer, and I must admit, it’s been fun. If you don’t know, Dia boxes are curated personally styled boxes of clothes that get delivered once a month. Dia caters exclusively to plus size women. I really enjoy getting my boxes every month, although I have to be honest- I send most of the clothes back. Often I like the pieces, but they’re just too expensive for me. Still, it’s fun to see the things they pick out, the quality is generally very good, and I like keeping track of what’s stylish.
- Kroger Clicklist Wherever you buy your groceries, I imagine there’s some kind of a pick up option- or there will be soon. Y’all. This is a game changer. If you’re busy like I am, this will save you SO MUCH TIME. It’s totally worth the nominal ($5) charge. I can pick out exactly what I want in my Kroger app, then they gather it all up, bring it to me at my car, and I drive off. I can schedule when I want to go and get them within a one hour window. Seriously, it’s so easy, I feel silly when I actually go inside the grocery now. BIG time saver.
- P3 protein packs These are such a great on the go snack or light meal! They come in a lot of different varieties, so I don’t get bored, and it’s so nice to be able to throw one in my bag in the morning and snack on it on my way to the gym after work, or if I get low energy during the day.
- Aerial Silks I expect I’ll do a full post on this sometime soon, because people always have a bunch of questions about it, and frankly I’m kind of obsessed. Here’s the quick rundown though: there’s probably a fitness studio near(ish) you that teaches it. I do NOT have great upperbody strength, but this is totally helping! YES, it’s super fun and exciting. But also, YES, it hurts. I routinely get weird bruises. However, I’m absolutely LOVING it. It’s a totally different type of challenge, unlike anything I’ve ever tried before, and seriously, it is so fun! It’s all women at my studio, and it is such a warm and supportive group. The biggest issue (other than the physical strength) is the mental game- it takes courage to flip yourself upside down holding a piece of fabric! However, it’s helping me trust myself, and that’s beautiful too.
- storyworth Story worth is a serveice that sends a question to the recipient every week, and after a year, it prints the answers, binds them, and sends them to you in a book! I bought a subscription for my grandmother this spring for Mother’s Day, and yes, it was a very thoughtful gift, but also, it has been unexpectedly great to get her answers in my inbox. I can really hear her voice in the answers and I know that will be precious to me forever. If you’re looking for a meaningful gift for a loved one (it’s definitely aimed at older people) it’s a perfect fit.
- Mint Who among us doesn’t need a better way to manage money? I know I do!! I like Mint because it’s by quicken, so if you already have a Quicken account, it will share some info. Also, they make it pretty easy to add all your bills, accounts and assets, and then they remind you how you’re doing. I’m definitely still a beginner, but it’s working for me so far! I think I’ve shared about this one before- but it’s so good, it’s definitely worth re-mentioning!